Tuesday 5 March 2013

Task 4 - Media Technology In Pre - Production

We used a range of digital technologies for the various stages in our advance portfolio. We used these technologies to record our progress, development and journey. These were essential for our coursework as it allowed us to display how we progress as a student as well as understanding the technologies used.
Media technology was particularly important in the pre - production process of our music video not only to prepare myself for filming the music video and the editing after but to research our artist. 

Blogger has been a large part of our whole coursework as we have used it the whole way through our coursework. We have used it as a reflective diary, showing every part of our research and planning throughout making our music video.


Another important online technology that I used was the internet. The internet was a key tool that I used to research bands of a similar genre to mine and also what heavy metal music videos look like to give me an idea of what our music video should look like. An example of a heavy metal band I looked at was Black Sabbath

Before I filmed the final music video, I drew out the storyboards on a piece of paper, to make it easier for me to imagine what the video would look like. We filmed the story boards with a Sony NX 5, and created an animatic using Final Cut Pro so that we could see what the music video would look like. This allowed me as well as my group to see if there were any mistakes which we could prevent from happening on the shoot day with the real video.


 

I used my Blackberry take photos of designs and storyboards quickly and instantly to upload to my blog or for whatever I needed it for. This allowed us to create a detailed account of everything we had done in the research and planning stage.



No comments:

Post a Comment